Friday, April 10, 2015

teenage grunge | dramatic red + purple eye look

I love the red eyeshadow trend that's been going around right, mostly due to the fact it totally reminds me of my wanna be goth/scene phase in high school. I was never really brave enough to go for it back then, but now I just want to pay homage to my teenage self. I think this would have gone great with a lot of my angsty band tees I used to absolutely obsess over. Ah, to be 14 again.

 I dove head first into a true red eyeshadow for this look, but once I started adding more color and blending, they all ended up pulling really purple on me, so I just went with it. To be honest, that's just how it goes most days, am I right?


This look ended up being a bit more pink/purple than I had anticipated, but I liked the dramatic result anyway! This isn't exactly something I'd wear out, but I sure had fun creating something I had never done before. I also love the way reds and purples pair with brown eyes, and I'll definitely be trying something like this again--if not a bit more wearable for everyday.

I used my Coastal Scents original 88 palette for this look because I really don't have any colors like this in my everyday collection. That's why I absolutely LOVE these big eyeshadow palettes from Coastal Scents! There are so many options that you can create ANY type of look you want, and they're super affordable. They're great quality for price as well. I love the way these all blended together. The only gripe is when working with bright colors like this, fallout can tend to be a bit of an issue.





FACE
| Revlon Colorstay Foundation: 180 Sand Beige |
| The Balm Bahama Mama bronzer |
|The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer highlight |

BROWS
| MAC fluidline gel eyeliner in Dipdown |
| ELF brow gel |

EYES
| Coastal Scents Original 88-color palette |
| Lancome Art Liner liquid eyeliner |
| Covergirl Lashblast volume mascara (purple tube) |

LIPS
| NYX Nude retractable lip pencil |
| Revlon Soft Nude lipstick |

(I can't believe Revlon discontinued this lipstick because it's so god damn pretty. Why must cosmetics companies do this to us?!)

Thanks for reading!
xo
Becca



No comments:

Post a Comment