I was thinking about what to post today, so subsequently I was trying to think about what I've been loving lately. I realized that just this morning I was really happy with my skin...which NEVER happens. Like ever.
For background purposes, I'll just say my skin is very acne-prone, sensitive and dry. About 50 percent of products I put on my face break me out, which is a real fucking pain, if I'm being completely honest. I also should point out I don't spend a lot on skincare. It is pretty contradictory, because you think with how many issues I have and how long I've struggled with my skin, I'd be willing to invest in products. But when there's a 50/50 chance it will break me out or I'll get an allergic reaction, I really try to save myself the grief AND the money. But enough complaining! I've learned that everyone has flaws, and one of mine just happens to be my stubborn skin. I do what I can to take care of it and control my acne the right way.
On with my current skincare products!
(I listed these in the order in which I use them)
My one MUST for morning cleansers is exfoliating beads! Because my skin
is dry, I really feel like I need some exfoliation in the morning to get
my face really clean. This cleanser doesn't over dry my face but still
is effective at controlling my acne. It's also available at the drugstore and is really affordable ($6).
I had been eyeing this serum for a while, but never pulled the trigger. I received it for Christmas and I've been using it for a few weeks. This hasn't broken me out and I'm really enjoying it! It claims to be line smoothing and skin brightening, and I have actually noticed a difference in some of my hyper pigmentation and am excited to see if it continues to fade my spots. It's expensive, but we'll see if it actually makes enough changes in my skin to make it worth the $40!
My daytime moisturizer changes all the time, I haven't really found one I've loved enough to remain loyal to. I do however require it to be moderately cheap and have SPF. I just try to find ones that are the simplest and best for my sensitive skin. This does have a sunscreen scent that I don't actually mind, and this may also have been helping out with my dark spots. I've used the Aveeno version as well and can't notice a difference. It is very moisturizing for my dry skin while not being too oily, but I can't vouch for you oily skinned people!
You wouldn't think something so plain and simple could be coveted so much, but I really can't imagine my skin routine without it. It's perfect for sensitive, acne-prone skin and does exactly what it's supposed to! I use a makeup wipe (I prefer the original Ponds ones) to remove most of my makeup prior to using this, but this really gets my face clean and feeling good. I also love that I can buy the jumbo size of this for $10 and know it'll last me a few months.
When I said I've tried a lot of acne systems before, I wasn't kidding. I bought this Acne.org treatment when I was trying out the Acne.org regimen (which I do still use as the basis for my skincare). It is a 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide gel that I slather on my whole face at night. This is my real acne-fighting part of my routine. It DOES dry out my skin and I couldn't imagine using it twice a day, but maybe for more oily types that wouldn't be an issue.
As far as price goes, this is one of those things I consider an investment. $36 isn't that much to some, but for me that's a few meals or a water bill! It is however, a jumbo size (16 oz), and it has lasted me about a year with the end of the bottle nowhere in sight which is actually really shocking and a bit mysterious.
So I know I said I'm not particularly fussy about my day moisturizer, but for some reason that can't be said about my night cream. I am completely devoted to my Pond's Dry Skin Cream and can't imagine being without it, honestly. I love the scent and how thick and moisturizing it is. It's perfect to add in that moisture that I lose after letting my treatment completely set into my skin. When I wake up in the morning I can just tell my skin is hydrated and ready for the day. Plus it's cheap as hell and lasts me ages.
xxx
Becca
Becca
No comments:
Post a Comment