I am a very strategic packer when it comes to my makeup and beauty products. Which is ironic because before any trip I usually just throw a random assortment of clothes and shoes in my suitcase 20 minutes before I head out the door and there's a 99 percent chance I forget underwear.
But because I am really specific about bringing products that are good for travel, I thought I'd share my favorites to bring on weekend trips! I'm going to Reno, NV this weekend and it's sure to be freezing as hell...but we are going to brave the snow and rain because there is lots of shopping, eating, drinking and gambling to be had!
Now, let's get on to my favorite travel products!
(Keep in mind these are just a few items I specifically choose because they're travel-friendly and versatile. I haven't included my basics like foundation, mascara, etc.)
(Keep in mind these are just a few items I specifically choose because they're travel-friendly and versatile. I haven't included my basics like foundation, mascara, etc.)
If I'm just going away for a weekend, this is literally all I need in the realm of cheek products. They both have a bit of shimmer, but it's nothing too overwhelming. I just sweep these on with my Real Techniques Blush Brush and I know it's going to look good every time with minimal effort. I also like that this is only $3 so if I lose it or drop it, it's no big deal. (This picture being living proof- I recently repurchased this because my old one had been dropped on a hotel floor!)
2. Naked 2 Palette
One word: packaging. I actually prefer my original Naked, but this one
just SO much more appealing for travel. (Anyone with the original Naked can understand my frustration with that velvety packaging...) With the Naked 2, I don't have to worry about my
shadows breaking or turning my entire makeup bag into a glittery,
powdery mess. Don't get me wrong, I still love this palette. It's extremely versatile and I especially love that I have the option of matte or shimmer, depending on the occasion.
This is my all time favorite liquid eyeliner. I wouldn't be caught dead without this in my possession, so it's obviously a travel favorite. In all seriousness though, I often just leave my eyeshadow at home and rely on this because I can get a pretty dramatic eye look out of just this and mascara alone. It's just one of those products that's fool proof for me, which is a necessity when I'm on the go.
Any blending brush, I personally like the E35 from Sigma, is perfect for travel because of its versatility. I can use this or my finger to sweep on a light shade and then use it to add my crease color and blend. You can really create an entire eye look from this one brush. I also have two of the mini E25 blending brushes from Sigma (they used to throw them in as a free gift with purchase- not sure if that's the case anymore) and those are even better because they're smaller. Mine happened to be dirty, so naturally I grabbed a clean brush instead of washing my others :)
5. Two lipstick options
Pictured: Wet 'n Wild Megalast lipstick in Cherry Bomb & Mac Hue
I like to have one dramatic lip color and one nude. I always have various pinks/nudes in my purse, but Mac Hue is my go-to. Mine is almost gone, which makes me want to cry because I can't believe I pay $15 for a sheer, pink lipstick. But it's honestly my favorite lipstick because I can wear it with anything and the formula is amazing. I also LOVE these Wet 'n Wild matte lipsticks because they last forever, they're cheap and the colors are awesome. Cherry Bomb is a deep, dark red that I can easily throw on to transition from day to night! Again, it's no big deal if I lose or drop this because these lipsticks are literally TWO DOLLARS. Amazing.
Let me know what your favorite travel products are!
xo
Becca
No comments:
Post a Comment